Wish list

Discuss anything you like here
marius
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by marius » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 pm

When one's uploads are displayed as thumbnails, on mouse-over you get the title, the views and the likes (as numbers). I would find useful if another label could be displayed on mouse-over with "viewed" (by me) or "not viewed"; in this why you can easily check what images you had already viewed or not in one particular user.

tomoswald
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:16 pm

marius wrote:When one's uploads are displayed as thumbnails, on mouse-over you get the title, the views and the likes (as numbers). I would find useful if another label could be displayed on mouse-over with "viewed" (by me) or "not viewed"; in this why you can easily check what images you had already viewed or not in one particular user.
I'm sorry, but i'm not quite understanding this

marius
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by marius » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:44 pm

tomoswald wrote:
marius wrote:When one's uploads are displayed as thumbnails, on mouse-over you get the title, the views and the likes (as numbers). I would find useful if another label could be displayed on mouse-over with "viewed" (by me) or "not viewed"; in this why you can easily check what images you had already viewed or not in one particular user.
I'm sorry, but i'm not quite understanding this
I'd like to know if I already visited a particular image or not when I browse one's uploads... if possible. One cannot remember everything :-) For ex on G+ the like button is grey. If I "like" a post becomes red... and so I know what I have seen and what I have "liked".

tomoswald
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tomoswald » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:58 pm

It would put a huge strain on our database servers for no real return Marius, so not something that would be likely to be brought in anytime soon

tony-smith
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tony-smith » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 pm

marius wrote:I'd like to know if I already visited a particular image or not when I browse one's uploads... if possible. One cannot remember everything :-) For ex on G+ the like button is grey. If I "like" a post becomes red... and so I know what I have seen and what I have "liked".
I would say, you obviously still like an image if you're visiting it again. So what's the problem? I often return to images I've already viewed. To me, that says it's obviously a great image if I'm attracted to look at it and enjoy it again.

marius
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by marius » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:53 pm

tony-smith wrote:I would say, you obviously still like an image if you're visiting it again. So what's the problem? I often return to images I've already viewed. To me, that says it's obviously a great image if I'm attracted to look at it and enjoy it again.
I agree, Tony, sometimes I do this also but I try to avoid generating "simple views", I feel is honest to give people "paid views" and that's possibly only once from my computer as far as I understand ;) Anyhow, if it's not possible, subject is closed.

tomoswald
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tomoswald » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Only once a every couple of hours, not once forever Marius

tony-smith
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tony-smith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Actually, what does happen Tom, if we re-visit someone's image? Does it then count again as a paid view each time we re-visit an image?

tomoswald
Posts: 4695
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tomoswald » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:50 pm

A random time period is assigned to a user of between 1 and 12 hours if you revisit the image after this timer has expired it registers as a paid view, if you revisit before the timer expires then its just a view

tony-smith
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Re: Wish list

Post by tony-smith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Ah, ok. I sometimes find myself re-visiting images weeks or months later and notice that I've previously "liked" them. Good that the authors are getting another paid view.

Post Reply