tomoswald

Re: Uploading issues

Post by tomoswald » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:40 am

Hi Adam,

Use google chrome its the only browser we work to at the moment

adam_gregory

Post by adam_gregory » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:44 am

i will get chrome and try again. i have never had this before with safari though.

bobrichards

Post by bobrichards » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:17 pm

I use Chrome and I'm STILL getting this problem despite me reporting this several times. Why don't you get it fixed, Tom?

Take a look at my latest uploads; 7 images of a model which were titled "Charlotte" and given the category "beauty" Once uploaded they have all got their file names and placed by you in to "Music" Furthermore, all the tags have gone too!

It's not just me, is it, as I've seen others with the same problem. I'm rapidly getting dissolutioned with Clickasnap with its bugs and need to re-log-in when away from the site for any period. I'm really wanting to take my money and run £17 at the moment. It is no longer fun contributing to Clickasnap and I wonder how long it will survive.

Sorry, Tom, but unless you can get this thing running properly, I'm out of it and will not be recommending it to other potential users.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:48 pm

We are trying to fix it Bob, the issue is it is an intermittent bug, this makes it extremely difficult to trace. We add a fix then have to wait to see if it actually fixes it. Obviously it seems the last fix did not sort the issue. We'll try the next fix and hope that works

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 pm

We have just deployed the next fix for this, please inform us if issues arise

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Another potential fix has been added

leighgoessl

Post by leighgoessl » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Since this issue is intermittent, could it be possible this happens only when a user uploads more than one photo at a time?

Yesterday, I uploaded two pics at once and while the title kept, the tags and descriptions were wiped out and category defaulted to music. While occasionally I upload more than one at a time (and only occasionally lose the photo information), usually I do it singularly and don't have a problem. I was using Firefox yesterday, but it's the one I primarily use when on CAS and it works fine for the most part. Could the number of photos being uploaded be related to the problem?

Edited to add, nevermind, I just went back a page and had missed the post where the 7 upload was working fine...but if I'm reading correctly it does seem that the people having issues are uploading more than 1 image at once?

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:41 pm

We will get to the bottom of it its just isolating it which is the issue

leighgoessl

Post by leighgoessl » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:28 pm

tomoswald wrote:We will get to the bottom of it its just isolating it which is the issue
Thanks Tom. I just tried again to upload two at the same time the way I did the other day/same browser (Firefox) and they uploaded fine

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback Leigh