Tell us about issues you have here

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tomoswald » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:32 pm

1) when advertising your photo you do not get your views instantly
2) you're not the only one advertising your photo and your photo is rotated among other advertisers until your budget runs out. the alternative to this is a bidding system which gives priority to the highest bidder
3) yes Mike is very much still endorsing and part of the site, in fact he was interviewed recently for photographyTV and the video can be seen on our blog
4) people come and go on a site, our growth is still on an upward trajectory and we expect it to maintain this
5) if you're not convinced about views you can use a link click tracker like bit.ly to verify your statistics
6) promoting your photo is not a direct method to make money, its for growing your subscriber base or increasing the popularity of a photo
7) when buying promoted views we are not guaranteeing paid views, we are guaranteeing that 1 person will see your photo for every $0.05 paid

GadgetGaz

Post by GadgetGaz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:33 pm

some constructed feedback, i hope after using the site for a while, maybe some are personal preference...but others are definitely site issues i think that could be improved

1) Buy this image tab...
...it is not anywhere to be seen on a mobile device???
when the link to the album clicked from anything like facebook to clickasnap, then the link to any photo is clicked, "buy this image" is nowhere to be seen, so nobody can even see they can buy it? even though i said it is available on the link it is not showing "buy this image" tab.

2) I have added photos recently, and added them to my specific album but they dont appear in my album ( East African Crested Crane" for example and the "little Chick" I added to my Nature and wildlife Album, but they don't appear in the album? although the photos in my uploads list when i click the add to albummenu tab next to the picture, theres a tick on the album Nature and Wildlife???

3) People click my Albums tab on my profile page and it dos not go to my albums? and it says "We're sorry but no results were found. Please try another search or start exploring!"

4) same issues as posted above this post of mine about promoted images, the #/100 is going up far greater in number than my views and paid views, and i cant even see my photo being promoted anywhere on the website??? ..maybe answered somewhat above by you tom.

5) navigation for liking photos is very poor, if clicking through peoples uploaded photos theres the arrows at the top, for clicking next photo previous but the like button is way over on the right column and a button to click to like in the middle of profile and following buttons? surely it would make sense to add the like button where the navigation buttons are specifically right next to the advance to next photo button? and advance to previous photo should be right next to advance to next button, I've got arthritis and all these mouse movements are not helping, smaller distances to achieve navigation would be all the better
( previous < next > like# ) .... spaced all together please!!

6) selling prints framed, can 30x20 and 15x10 be added? this is the size of my photos out of my camera and sizes of the full frame i want to project in my photos? otherwise i have to upload
a cropped size for sizes available just for framed photos, or crop them when submitting but really 1/4 of my photo i framed when taking it is then cropped of?
Last edited by GadgetGaz on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:35 pm

GadgetGaz wrote:some constructed feedback, i hope after using the site for a while, maybe some are personal preference...but others are definitely site issues i think that could be improved

1) Buy this image tab...
...it is not anywhere to be seen on a mobile device???
when the link to the album clicked from anything like facebook to clickasnap, then the link to any photo is clicked, "buy this image" is nowhere to be seen, so nobody can even see they can buy it? even though i said it is available on the link it is not showing "buy this image" tab.

2) I have added photos recently, and added them to my specific album but they dont appear in my album ( East African Crested Crane" for example and the "little Chick" I added to my Nature and wildlife Album, but they don't appear in the album? although the photos in my uploads list when i click the add to albummenu tab next to the picture, theres a tick on the album Nature and Wildlife???

3) People click my Albums tab on my profile page and it dos not go to my albums? and it says "We're sorry but no results were found. Please try another search or start exploring!"

4) same issues as posted above this post of mine about promoted images, the #/100 is going up far greater in number than my views and paid views, and i cant even see my photo being promoted anywhere on the website??? ..hmm i will swerve that feature in future for now?

5) navigation for liking photos is very poor, if clicking through peoples uploaded photos theres the arrows at the top, for clicking next photo previous but the like button is way over on the right column and a button to click to like in the middle of profile and following buttons? surely it would make sense to add the like button where the navigation buttons are specifically right next to the advance to next photo button? and advance to previous photo should be right next to advance to next button, I've got arthritis and all these mouse movements are not helping, smaller distances to achieve navigation would be all the better
( previous < next > like# ) .... spaced all together please!!

6) selling prints framed, can 30x20 and 15x10 be added? this is the size of my photos out of my camera and sizes of the full frame i want to project in my photos? otherwise i have to upload
a cropped size for sizes available just for framed photos, or crop them when submitting but really 1/4 of my photo i framed when taking it is then cropped of?

Thanks for the Feedback
1) Mobile is still under development, our largest audience by far is desktop currently because of the nature of the photos
2) Albums are cached and currently don't update instantly, a problem i know but it is in the todo list
3) Yup, fixed in the beta site and will be rolled out soon
4) If you have a pro account you cannot see promoted images, as for the promotional nature of this see previous post, you're paying for views, not guaranteed paid views. The image is actually shown in the uploads section, sidebar of the feed and numerous other places around the site, but as previously discussed you are not the only image promoter and images are rotated upon every page refresh
5) Once the next update is done the galleries are to be introduced this is going to include a new navigation system for imagery
6) Down to our print providers, we don't actually print the images here at ClickASnap, however we will be bringing in more providers with a larger range of products

GadgetGaz

Post by GadgetGaz » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:45 pm

ok Tom thanks, :)

hope i was not wasting your time, you seem to have the most common issues already in hand :)

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Hearing from our users is never a waste of my time

freepieanchips

Post by freepieanchips » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:25 pm

tonyjefferies wrote:Can someone please clarify what is happening to clickasnap ? Purchased 200 views for 12 pounds in total and I have only had 32 views ? The picture has also gone from the top of the page ? I am also wondering if the information on views is accurate in the Mike Browne Interview. Seems the money spent is not coming back. Spent 12 pounds and earned 5 cents ? Also wondering if Mike Browne is still endorsing the clickasnap website as we seem to have lost lots of members who have deleted their accounts. Finding we have less views than this time last year. Perhaps our photography is getting worse as we appear to be moving backwards.

Thanks.

Tony.

Well over 80% of my subscriber base has either stopped using CAS or have deleted their accounts. It's quite sad, I like many others have found viewing numbers have fallen off a cliff. Many members I find have moved their networking activities to Facebook which has a more palatable and easier interaction facility than CAS does. On each occasion I have raised the issue beforehand, the response from Mr Oswald has been that member - who are excellent photographers - have left because they have not found CAS to be a "get rich quick scheme." I disagree; CAS touted itself from the beginning as the only such site whereby one could get paid for image viewership and that high quality work would therefore achieve the best results. Consequently the pay rate dropped by more than two-thirds and I the articles I read of people investing to promote their images being monumentally failed aspirations.

Personally I think the change took place when CAS expanded its approach to offering "seller" subscriptions which, in my experience, offered an inflexible approach to managing images compared with many traditional photo-selling websites, whilst simultaneously the most fundamental uploading and site access problems continued to plague many members. Other members I have spoken to via FB complained that they felt unsupported by CAS management and have drifted towards other platforms where their work gets more exposure. I use Instagram and 500PX to a far greater extent these days and I find I am experiencing a much wealthier response to my work accordingly. One person I talked to even said they found that Mr Oswald "disliked" CAS members, which to me doesn't herald any optimistic signs.

I haven't given up on CAS as many others have done, I'll press on with it until I feel my time can be better spent elsewhere. That point does seem to be approaching rapidly though.

I hate to sound so pessimistic - these are my honest observations.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:45 pm

That's fair enough observations, i would disagree however and the site is still under constant development. We are aware of issues and various usability problems and we are constantly working to fix them. These things just don't happen over night unfortunately but with every update we believe the site gets that much better. We cannot please eveyone unfortunately as much as i wish we could

As for other platforms giving more exposure, instagram has 400 million users and 500px has many tens of millions, we have 1.2 million so of course exposure will be greater. Those platforms however at one point had less users than we currently have, again, doesnt all happen over night

Certainly from out overall point of view we are seeing many users come back who have previously joined the platform and our growth is still doubling annually

I would like to expand on bug quashing, for example the current intermittent uploading issue we have, which to be honest is probably one of the few, if not the only bug we have not managed to fix yet. This isnt because we dont care or would rather spend time on other aspects of the platform. Its because its an intermittent bug which only seems to happen in very sporadic circumstances which when buried amongst thousands of lines of code and massive hardware stacks based all over the world makes it extremely difficult to fix. Furthermore once a fix is added we have to wait for a user to tell us if it happens again as to this date we still havent had it happen to us here which makes it incredibly difficult to isolate and therefore fix

tonyjefferies

Post by tonyjefferies » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:01 pm

It is very sad Tom. The simple fact is you have made serious errors with your marketing and promotion. Making claims that some people have received more than one payment needs to be substantiated with publication. Where can we see their profiles of success and how they have achieved these results ? No one expects a get rich quick scheme but everyone deserves to know who these people are who you claim have had continuous payouts. We as photography enthusiasts and CAS participants deserve to know how and who is making the money from CAS vews. It is according to your marketing and publicity about developing and supporting none professional and professional photographers. What people expect is the help and guidance to progress just like your interviews with Mike Browne suggest ? No one expects miracles but you have perhaps accidentally raised expectations and over sold CAS as a money generating opportunity for photography enthusiasts. We also need and deserve full clarification on how the paid promotions work to our advantage financially as photographers. I have been trying to get this information for some weeks with no joy ? Having now purchased 200 views for 12 dollars and only to receive 6 cents in return is frankly unacceptable. I never even received the views I paid for as I only received just over 30 views ? I am not grumbling about the 12 dollars plus VAT but the mistakes will only continue to induce a mass exodus to other photography websites. It will certainly be very interesting to see the next Mike Browne interview with your goodself if he is still endorsing clickasnap as a website that helps to develop and reward photography enthusiasts ? I do hope all works out but naturally I have my doubts as a loyal and dedicated contributor to the CAS website.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Tony, no marketing mistakes have been made and i cannot release information about other peoples earnings and whom they are anymore than your employer can legally release your salary details without your permission. It's that simple. If people wish to release that information to you then that is their choice, so you have to find them and ask them yourself.

As for help and progress we have a blog with over 300 articles on it specifically written to help our users promote their content i'm not sure what else we can do to help you to be honest

As for misconceptions about advertising, the system is simple, you pay $0.05 per click which is exactly what it says. This isn't a simple money making excercise you have to find the photos people are most responsive too and this takes exerimentation and money. Your aim with the system is to get people to either subscribe to you, view more of your photos or buy an image off you, this means setting up spreadhsheets of all your views and comparing views during a promotion, comparing sales and subscribers then working out an ROI on it.
Do you think when we run an ad campaign on google adwords that its as simple as setting up an ad and the money rolls in? No, we have to create a range of ads, spend £1,000 plus, look at the results, reset the ad, recreate and work out our return on investment, this goes on and on until our return becomes greater than our investment and for some campaigns can cost millions. Advertising is a black art which takes time and money to see results.

As for your promotion, again you're not the only one promoting your photos, they are rotated amongst other users. We had given you a free Pro account some time back which means you do not see promoted photos and if you haven't received your 200 views yet it means your promotion has not finished yet

freepieanchips

Post by freepieanchips » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:03 pm

tomoswald wrote:That's fair enough observations, i would disagree however and the site is still under constant development. We are aware of issues and various usability problems and we are constantly working to fix them. These things just don't happen over night unfortunately but with every update we believe the site gets that much better. We cannot please eveyone unfortunately as much as i wish we could

As for other platforms giving more exposure, instagram has 400 million users and 500px has many tens of millions, we have 1.2 million so of course exposure will be greater. Those platforms however at one point had less users than we currently have, again, doesnt all happen over night

Certainly from out overall point of view we are seeing many users come back who have previously joined the platform and our growth is still doubling annually

I would like to expand on bug quashing, for example the current intermittent uploading issue we have, which to be honest is probably one of the few, if not the only bug we have not managed to fix yet. This isnt because we dont care or would rather spend time on other aspects of the platform. Its because its an intermittent bug which only seems to happen in very sporadic circumstances which when buried amongst thousands of lines of code and massive hardware stacks based all over the world makes it extremely difficult to fix. Furthermore once a fix is added we have to wait for a user to tell us if it happens again as to this date we still havent had it happen to us here which makes it incredibly difficult to isolate and therefore fix

For all the stats in the world, in reality the fact remains that while I've experienced increased exposure on other platforms, on this one it has substantially decreased. Other members I have spoken with have each echoed the same sentiments.

I personally believe CAS should have simply maintained its original raison d'etre and concentrated upon perfecting it. It was unique but it has attempted to become a verity of other platforms while protracted issues with access continued. I believe that's why many highly talented photographers have moved on.