Tell us about issues you have here

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tomoswald » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:20 pm

To be honest, not an issue we've noticed. 20-30 new people sign up daily, 1,000+ images are uploaded daily and 50,000 are viewed daily (This is organic). on an individual basis to you and perhaps a few others your views may be declining however conversely to that others are growing

As previously mentioned YoY we're up significantly, people come and go and we will continue to improve the platform across it's whole spectrum. As mentioned previously it's continually in development and will remain so for a while yet.

Bugs will also appear, and occasionally we will have intermittent ones like the upload issue, however, we will fix it and continue to stabilise the site. But it isn't going to happen over night

As for your drop in views how often do you use the platform? Once every 2 or 3 weeks? Vs how often do you use 500px and instagram? You said you use the others much more than CAS so of course your views will drop off here proportionately and raise where you are spending more of your time, that's the very nature of the internet

freepieanchips
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by freepieanchips » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:41 pm

tomoswald wrote:To be honest, not an issue we've noticed. 20-30 new people sign up daily, 1,000+ images are uploaded daily and 50,000 are viewed daily (This is organic). on an individual basis to you and perhaps a few others your views may be declining however conversely to that others are growing

As previously mentioned YoY we're up significantly, people come and go and we will continue to improve the platform across it's whole spectrum. As mentioned previously it's continually in development and will remain so for a while yet.

Bugs will also appear, and occasionally we will have intermittent ones like the upload issue, however, we will fix it and continue to stabilise the site. But it isn't going to happen over night

I'm simply providing you with feedback which many talented photographers have experienced. To be honest this is precisely the kind of dismissive response people have complained about, and one I expected.

I wish you well.

tomoswald
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tomoswald » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated

tonyjefferies
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tonyjefferies » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:21 pm

With respect Tom the throwing of crumbs and promises of income to afford to buy a lens is Not happening. Ask yourself why people are leaving and deleting their accounts and tell us what your intentions are to reverse this unfortunate trend ? Perhaps it is time to bring this to a public debate. The promise has NOT been delivered. You can blind us with statistics and science but clickasnap is NOT working. Your marketing claims with pay per view is wrong. we need four views to earn one cent. That is the smallest denomination possible. One Cent. To earn one cent we need four views not one view. Naturally I will be taking a second very close view to the Mike Browne interviews and would recommend others do the same. Your marketing is wrong. Lets just face facts. Lots have people have taken your word and worked and invested in various avenues of CAS and yet to receive their first minimum bonus. Yes blame our lousy photography and claim other anomonous photographers are making multiple bonuses but at least teach us how it is done by introducing us to these successful photographers. If people have given you over 12 months loyalty and benefit of the doubt at least get your future marketing claims to a modicum of accuracy.

Thanks

Tony.

tomoswald
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tomoswald » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:50 pm

with respect Tony, Clickasnap is working extremely well, everytime someone views a photo for 5 seconds they receive 0.14 cents, as much as you may like to disagree, that is in fact money. This is also the highest paying per view platform in the world, and that includes Spotify and Youtube. You may also want to take note of every other platform that has tried this over the last year and has failed, we are still here, still growing and paying a sustainable per view payment out to pur users. There is no magic money tree on the internet and as much as i would like to pay out 1 cent per view at our current size it is actually impossible, and may well never be possible. If this is not acceptable to you, or not enough for you you are welcome to join another platform that offers you these sums.

As for earning money for a lens, again, with respect, learn to build an audience and put your content in front of that audience. There are 300 articles on our blog and millions of articles on the web on how to do this. Get a million views and you'll get $1,400 more than enough to buy most lenses out there. Learn to sell your photos, sell downloads, educate yourself on how to carry these things out. We provide a platform to monetise your content within the limits of the internet the same as youtube does or spotify does, it is down to you to maximise it's use and learn to get your content views and make money from it i'm afraid, we do our best to help but there is only so much we can do on an individual basis within our current resources

As for people leaving and deleting their accounts, we are not seeing this in our overall trends, they are all heading up quite significantly

freepieanchips
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by freepieanchips » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 pm

tonyjefferies wrote:With respect Tom the throwing of crumbs and promises of income to afford to buy a lens is Not happening. Ask yourself why people are leaving and deleting their accounts and tell us what your intentions are to reverse this unfortunate trend ? Perhaps it is time to bring this to a public debate. The promise has NOT been delivered. You can blind us with statistics and science but clickasnap is NOT working. Your marketing claims with pay per view is wrong. we need four views to earn one cent. That is the smallest denomination possible. One Cent. To earn one cent we need four views not one view. Naturally I will be taking a second very close view to the Mike Browne interviews and would recommend others do the same. Your marketing is wrong. Lets just face facts. Lots have people have taken your word and worked and invested in various avenues of CAS and yet to receive their first minimum bonus. Yes blame our lousy photography and claim other anomonous photographers are making multiple bonuses but at least teach us how it is done by introducing us to these successful photographers. If people have given you over 12 months loyalty and benefit of the doubt at least get your future marketing claims to a modicum of accuracy.

Thanks

Tony.
I have to agree with your sentiments. If more people have joined this platform then there's more downloading of images and significantly less viewership of the work of others. I think the lack of interaction on these forums is testament to that and as I've said, this has become a common concern among photographers I've interacted with on the subject on Facebook.

I find the lack of concern over feedback from high quality photographers - the very people CAS claims to wish to promote the works of - quite startling.

A year ago it was commonplace for popular new images to rack up twenty or more view with days. Some of the best new images uploaded aren't even achieving a quarter of that viewership over a similar period.

tomoswald
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tomoswald » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:32 pm

To be fair a year ago the platform was 12 weeks old and we had about 10,000 images on the platform and 500 uploaders we now have almost 500,000 images and 10,000 uploaders so views are spread over more users rather than over a much smaller userbase. Therefore unless you've maintained the same percentage share of the images on the platform your organic 'platform only' views will decline. This was always going to happen. Us breaking the click circles that had developed on and bankrupted TSU also would have resulted in much lower views. As a note most of those users went onto Niume and subsequently almost bankrupted that platform too and they had had a million dollars in investment.

One solution to this was the feed, another solution we will be bringing out is a new algorithm later in the year which will mingle older content with newer content thus effectively keeping it alive. However, as with any platform engagement takes work and cross platform promotion and if a user finds views are falling then they should probably reexamine their marketing techniques which is something we frequently do during the paid growth aspects of this platform. Also the more you use the platform the more interaction you will gain same as any internet platform

This forum has also never been particularly active as it's not designed to be, it was really only ever bought in for feedback and design discussion, not to be an active discuss all forum

As for not being concerned what photographers say, well, we've only had you and Tony voice any issues which with all due respect aren't issues related to us really, we can't pay more than we are paid, and views especially quantity of views is directly related to your own efforts and frequency of platform use

As for people leaving/deleting their accounts this will always happen. Obviously we would like to minimise it but there is only so many people that will like what you are doing. Can't please everyone 100% of the time. However we have certainly noticed a significant increase in old users coming back and this is likely to continue as the platform improves and grows in size

freepieanchips
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by freepieanchips » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:18 pm

tomoswald wrote:To be fair a year ago the platform was 12 weeks old and we had about 10,000 images on the platform and 500 uploaders we now have almost 500,000 images and 10,000 uploaders so views are spread over more users rather than over a much smaller userbase. Therefore unless you've maintained the same percentage share of the images on the platform your organic 'platform only' views will decline. This was always going to happen. Us breaking the click circles that had developed on and bankrupted TSU also would have resulted in much lower views. As a note most of those users went onto Niume and subsequently almost bankrupted that platform too and they had had a million dollars in investment.

One solution to this was the feed, another solution we will be bringing out is a new algorithm later in the year which will mingle older content with newer content thus effectively keeping it alive. However, as with any platform engagement takes work and cross platform promotion and if a user finds views are falling then they should probably reexamine their marketing techniques which is something we frequently do during the paid growth aspects of this platform. Also the more you use the platform the more interaction you will gain same as any internet platform

This forum has also never been particularly active as it's not designed to be, it was really only ever bought in for feedback and design discussion, not to be an active discuss all forum

As for not being concerned what photographers say, well, we've only had you and Tony voice any issues which with all due respect aren't issues related to us really, we can't pay more than we are paid, and views especially quantity of views is directly related to your own efforts and frequency of platform use

As for people leaving/deleting their accounts this will always happen. Obviously we would like to minimise it but there is only so many people that will like what you are doing. Can't please everyone 100% of the time. However we have certainly noticed a significant increase in old users coming back and this is likely to continue as the platform improves and grows in size

Again, CAS simply refutes the concerns of its members. Just last week one of the most esteemed contributors here, a Canadian photographer who has recently moved away from posting on CAS claimed that management here "didn't seem to like their contributors." Whenever there's a concern it appears the fault is always applied to the contributors and, from my perspective at least, I've seen enough!

If growth on the platform has indeed been that which you've stated, one would expect activity on its forums to increase exponentially.

Every single member of my subscriber who has left the platform has witnessed a substantial decrease in actual views, as is evidenced by simply looking at the stats relating to their contributions. It's nothing to do with payments, either - it's down to exposure on a site which claims it is unique by offering payments based on viewership. I've seen other members share these concerns on these forums too; it's not simply the arena of Tony and myself.

tomoswald
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tomoswald » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:34 pm

I'm not sure what concerns we're refuting here tbh, of course views will decline as the numbers of photos increase as a percentage of overall photos, we have 1,000 new photos uploaded every single day unless we gain 1,000 new users everyday organic views for any one individual will decline, there's very little we can do about that as we can only drive X amount of users to the platform over any given time frame and these people will of course only view the most active users as their content will always be 'top of the pile' so to speak. As i have always stated if you want the views you have to work for them, same as any other platform

As for not liking our contributors that's quite amusing, and not sure where that has come from

As for forum activity growing significantly we certainly don't expect that, unless a user has an issue why would they post in here?

tonyjefferies
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Tell us about issues you have here

Post by tonyjefferies » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Is this really good honest marketing and PR Tom. You denied what I was saying about accurate and honest PR and goalpost being moved ? when I have expressed my concerns for the benefit and integrity of the website we all work so hard to promote.

Tom Oswald11 months ago
1) unfortunately these days names on the internet are incredibly limited and unless one wishes to pay out 1,000's of pounds there is little other choice
2) we will never apply a limit on daily uploads. Content that isn't viewed and the users that upload them will ultimately sink to the bottom of the 'pile' this effectively filters content subjectively by the platforms users tastes rather than us imposing what is good and what is not
3) see (2)?.

Source Youtube clickasnap page.

Locked