How can we help you?

Discuss anything you like here
tomoswald

How can we help you?

Post by tomoswald » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:56 pm

We obviously have our own views on promoting the site and gaining exposure for everyone. But i am always keen on improving the site and am keen to hear what we can do to help you get more views or sales

paulgame

Re: How can we help you?

Post by paulgame » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Tom,
What advertising do you do other than web based?

Do you advertise in magazines etc. What about interviews on radio, mail shots to photography clubs. What about asking members to pay a small fee for clickasnap to host some well placed photo exhibitions.
Regards

Paul

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Currently we don't do any non web based advertising as it is a nightmare to track to determine its efficacy. However you've got some interesting points there Paul

dylanburgess

Post by dylanburgess » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 am

We all know that to make CaS and indeed our own photos work for us, we need to promote ourselves and get the word out. So we all have to put in the leg work to make things work.

I seem to remember something on the forums about automated posts to social media and how many would like this. Is this something that is still being looked into? I personally think it would be great for members, as we don't always have the time to share our work on multiple platforms.

Being able to promote products on the marketplace/our store better. Maybe the ability to post products to social media, like we can our photos.
Or have something in our feeds when we post a photo if it is available to buy in some format or other. Maybe for this to work you would have to add the option for "sellers" when they upload an image, when entering the image details an option to add to their store on upload...think this might be a little complicated to implement?
So the option when we upload to add to store right away...maybe tick boxes on what we want to offer, also think a set % profit would need to be added to streamline the process.

Products again...other sites (ie Zazzle and Redbubble to mention two) when you click on a product, you get a "mock" up of how it will look. Here to get to view the uploaded image....not sure if that would be possible here, but think it would help to sell a product if people had an idea how it would look?

gjesdal

Post by gjesdal » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 am

dylanburgess wrote:We all know that to make CaS and indeed our own photos work for us, we need to promote ourselves and get the word out. So we all have to put in the leg work to make things work.

I seem to remember something on the forums about automated posts to social media and how many would like this. Is this something that is still being looked into? I personally think it would be great for members, as we don't always have the time to share our work on multiple platforms.
?
Very good point and idea.

This and similar topics would be great to have a talk on and about in an actual meeting.

Before you jump in and say "we don't have money for that just now", hold it in London in a pub or somewhere else cheap, charge entrance fee to cover cost.
If it is a Saturday and I know about it at least 5 months ahead I'd easily fly in from Norway for this. "So, wife, how about a Londontrip?"

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:01 am

We will be introducing the following over the next 6-9 months:

100 free promotion credits for pro accounts per month so you can promote your profile/pictures on the platform

Automated marketing system is still very much on the cards

We’re currently exploring having your images displayed within a product like you’ve suggested Dylan

We’re completing the marketplace so it easier to navigate and use

We’re also starting to look to raise £1,000,000 investment to fast forward the growth of the platform

As for a meeting, i’m not sure how many would be interested but it can alwats be tabled

ButchReinhart

Post by ButchReinhart » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 pm

I have a question about Products. If I have already created a 6x4 Photographic Print for instance. Is it possible to add other photos to that product. I have not found a way to do that and have multiple product types created and I can see where they could be a problem to maintain overtime. It would be nice to be able to have the ability to add a photo to an existing group of products. It may be that I have missed seeing a step I have to take in order to do what I want to do. Thanks.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Yes, just press add product, pick the photo go through the pricing and cropping and it gets added to your portfolio

ButchReinhart

Post by ButchReinhart » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks. Those are the steps that I was following. Just wanted to make sure that I was right doing it like that and creating separate multiple 6x4 products. Appreciate the quick response.

Butch

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Yes thats currently the way to do it, we’re going to do further work on grouping at a later date