Google Searches

Discuss anything you like here
mike_bailey

Google Searches

Post by mike_bailey » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:21 am

Hi, Looking for some direction, I have just joined clicksnap and learning, I have about 20 photo's uploaded so far. Thought I would try a google search to see what happens. My user name on Clickasnap is Mike_Bailey. If I search on Mike Bailey, my business name comes up - A Shoebox of Memories, But nothing for ClickaSnap. When I search on Mike Bailey Clickasnap I get lots of Mike Baileys but none in Clickasnap. Is there something I need to do in my profile or settings? Should I be putting my name in each of the photo tags? Should I change my acount to something other than my name? Looking for some help before I start to upload more photos and then have to backtrack.
Thanks much
Mike

tomoswald

Re: Google Searches

Post by tomoswald » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:58 am

Hi Mike o had a search myself and couldn’t find you. This is likely because google hasn’t indexed your content as it isn’t unique to the site.
Getting stuff ranked in google is hard and takes time i’m afraid, particularly for something as generic as a relatively common name.
You need to ensure your content has an accurate title, a good length description and is tagged properly. Your profile also needs a description to get properly indexed

mike_bailey

Post by mike_bailey » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks Tom, that all makes sense. I will do that. Is there a way that I can change my name associated with Clickasnap to " Mike Bailey-A Shoebox of Memories? I use "A Shoebox of Memories" as my business name here in Canada. Perhaps that can help.
Mike

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:26 pm

No i would have thought that is probably too long. I would just include that moniker in the description of your photos to be honest or under your profile description

mike_bailey

Post by mike_bailey » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Great. Thanks so much Tom.