foreigner

Re: Someone stole my Photo

Post by foreigner » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Wow, that's a whole new level of badness. :o

The audacity!

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:03 pm

Something people do with photographers work on Instagram and Facebook every single day and completely get away with it. So i am absolutely not surprised people try it here. Aa far as they are concerned, it's normal behaviour

jezprime

Post by jezprime » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:55 pm

The best bit was when he asked elsewhere on the forum why his profile was a 404 :) I think I found him on Insta too - if so he's selling dodgy weight loss plans as well. A more poetic justice would of course be if the original sources of his photos are identifiable rerouting any paid views to there so not only does he fail to make money, he also promotes the real photographers :)

dbgaffney021

Post by dbgaffney021 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:13 am

Pleased I spotted it as I don't usually check on any purchased free downloads but I will do in future. Fortunately the photos had not proved particularly popular in terms of paid views for me (50 in total for the 11 photos downloaded) so I don't think he would have earned much but that's not really the point. We've taken the time to plan, take and post process our images and to have them used in this way isn't acceptable.

jezprime

Post by jezprime » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:22 pm

I make all my digital downloads non-free (but the fee is small) and it probably discourages this behaviour (because they can't be sure of making the money back in views alone, even if they don't get caught). One suggestion is put a fee on all your digital downloads. You were probably targeted because your pictures were available for free.

dbgaffney021

Post by dbgaffney021 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 pm

I have usually made my images free when they are low resolution (I have cropped many of my bird & macro shots to improve the composition) but in the light of this experience I have decided to do as you suggest. This was something I had also considered doing with the better software now available to increase image resolution and importantly maintain quality.

dbgaffney021

Post by dbgaffney021 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm

Hi Tom,

Kris Long seems to be persistent. Just looking at the 'Bird' photos for contributors who I might follow and saw one of my images recently uploaded. Checked and he has created yet another account (see below) and not only are some of my photos showing but I checked on one of the others and this was uploaded by Dave Thompsons' Pic originally. He has obviously started to download other free images and then uploaded them, in this case to this new account. Could you do the usual.

Many thanks,

Derek

https://www.clickasnap.com/krisowenlong94

foreigner

Post by foreigner » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:51 pm

dbgaffney021 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:24 pm
Hi Tom,

Kris Long seems to be persistent. Just looking at the 'Bird' photos for contributors who I might follow and saw one of my images recently uploaded. Checked and he has created yet another account (see below) and not only are some of my photos showing but I checked on one of the others and this was uploaded by Dave Thompsons' Pic originally. He has obviously started to download other free images and then uploaded them, in this case to this new account. Could you do the usual.

Many thanks,

Derek

https://www.clickasnap.com/krisowenlong94
:x :x :x