"You have 0 photographs linked to this product"

Discuss anything you like here
SianHumphrey

"You have 0 photographs linked to this product"

Post by SianHumphrey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:16 pm

If I remove a products it leaves behind an empty product link that I can't remove. I am trying to attach a screenshot but not having any luck, (it keeps losing the attachment) so I've attached a dropbox link to the screenshot, hope this is ok.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm4yw03kmgvsb ... e.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bvavppepjzje ... 1.JPG?dl=0

Many thanks

Sian

tomoswald

Re: "You have 0 photographs linked to this product"

Post by tomoswald » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi Sian, yes we know it's on the public trello board

thek00kykiwi

Post by thek00kykiwi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Good Morning!

Tom has there been any progress/change on the above mentioned phenomena? I have been doing a little re-organising with my marketplace pictures and would like to comment on my following observations:

If I list a picture today in my marketplace for offer as a keyring (for example), there is one product tile available with that one photo attached. If I list another picture tomorrow and put that also in the marketplace for sale as a keyring (with all the same terms, price etc.) it creates a new product tile in my market place with the second photo attached. I now have two tiles for the same product type with the same price on it.

Let's expand that concept and say that every day I post one picture and offer it as 5 items in the marketplace. I think you can see where I'm going with this? Over time, the number of tiles in my marketplace is going to become significant and will almost always be growing.

The current method of maintaining products will then, over time, become quite cumbersome because you have no way of immediately identifying which picture is linked to which tile. You will have to systematically turn over every tile to see which picture is attached. If you have dozens or even hundreds of tiles, that is going to be an impractical scenario.

I have noted that you can mitigate the effect of tile creation by uploading pictures to the market place in "batches" but this really only works if the "batched" pictures are being attached to the same product items and at the same price points.

My thought this morning was to set up one product tile for each item and price combination that I desire to offer (i.e. keyring for $3) then simply edit that product tile to "add" or "remove" photo's as appropriate. I could then maintain all pictures offered for that product type/price in one place. My logic was that my number of tiles would then be limited to the number of unique product/price combinations that I wished to set up. I have discovered however that this idea will only work in part at the moment. While there is a means to remove a picture from a tile, there is alas no option to add a picture. Back to the drawing board..

So I decided to remove all pictures from my marketplace and start over. I thought to, for the time being, upload a "batch" of photo's every so often, to limit my tile creation. However I have now run into the same scenario as the previous poster. Now that I have removed some items, I have several tiles sitting in my marketplace with no pictures attached and which will not be deleted.

Are you able to advise if there are any improvements on the way to remedy these issues or advise on how I can better manage my marketplace?

Thanks in advance :)
B.

tomoswald

Post by tomoswald » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi b,

The marketplace is currently being rebuilt with the first big update coming out in the next 3 weeks or so

thek00kykiwi

Post by thek00kykiwi » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:23 am

Thanks for the reply Tom. I'll eagerly await the update 8-)

SianHumphrey

Post by SianHumphrey » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:04 pm

tomoswald wrote:Hi b,

The marketplace is currently being rebuilt with the first big update coming out in the next 3 weeks or so
I'm looking forward to seeing the update. I've not really been using the marketplace as much as I'd like as it seems a bit clunky (is that a word?) at the moment. I'm hoping to see it easier to use and more streamlined.