QF 4.7-inch Gun Mark III Fort Dunree Buncrana Donegal Ireland
The QF 4.7 inch Gun Mark III, was a British quick-firing 120-mm naval and coast defence gun of the late 1880's and 1890's. They were also mounted on various wheeled carriages to provide the British Army with a long-range gun. They all had a bore of 40 calibres length. The QF 4.7 inch Mark III was introduced to Dunree in the late 1880's, replaced the obsolete 24 pounder cannons.
The guns were designed and manufactured by the Elswick Ordinance Company, part of Armstrong Whitworth. It was used in World War 1.