uploaded an image
Porta del Popolo 2.jpg
The Porta Del Popolo we see today was built in The Jubilee Year of 1475 A.D. by Pope Sixtus IV.
Originally a one archway portal with two side towers. The towers was destroyed in 1879 A.D. The two latteral archways were opened in 1887 A.D.
Images on Clickasnap.com are copyrighted. Please request clearance from the author prior to usage.